Saturday 7 June 2014

When you'd rather spend the evening with fictional characters than real people...


My life lately has revolved around two things with which I am obsessed.
The first: Loki- the trickster god, Norse mythology and the character beautifully played by Tom Hiddleston 
The second- Heath Ledger's Joker (more on that later) 
Yes, I love a good villain.

Loki is a character that I just love, he is slick, good looking and wickedly intelligent (with a touch of madness)- a perfect combination. I am currently devouring anything I can find about Norse mythology- books, websites, documentaries, films, i am fascinated! I've always had a thing for the broken misfit and always sympathised with these types of 'baddies' growing up, believing that there was a reason they were broken and they just needed someone to understand. Now I realise it is a lot more complex than that, which only makes it more appealing! The book I am currently reading is 'the gospel of Loki' by Joanne Harris which is all the Norse myths involving Loki, told from his point of view (!?!!!?!!) I will do a review on this when I have finished it, but it is truly amazing- I am terrible at finishing books as I have an incredibly short attention span, but I have been hooked! 

I am a costume design student and needed to practice my drawing, so I figured that I may as well draw something that I'm passionate about- hello Hiddleston Loki! 

Here are some photos of the process and the end result!










No comments:

Post a Comment